The South Beach Overlook is a popular point of interest located in California's Redwood National and State Parks. This scenic overlook offers visitors stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding coastline. Here are some good reasons to visit the South Beach Overlook:
1. Natural Beauty - The South Beach Overlook offers one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding coastline. Visitors can take in the beauty of the rugged coastline, towering cliffs, and crashing waves.
2. Wildlife Viewing - The South Beach Overlook is a great place to spot wildlife. Visitors can often see sea lions, harbor seals, and whales in the ocean below. Bald eagles and other birds of prey can also be seen soaring overhead.
3. Hiking - The South Beach Overlook is located along the California Coastal Trail, which offers miles of hiking trails through the Redwood National and State Parks. Visitors can explore the area on foot and take in the stunning views from different vantage points.
4. Photography - The South Beach Overlook is a popular spot for photographers. The dramatic coastline and stunning ocean views provide endless opportunities for capturing beautiful images.
5. Relaxation - The South Beach Overlook is a peaceful and tranquil spot to relax and take in the natural beauty of the area. Visitors can sit back and enjoy the views, listen to the sound of the waves, and feel the ocean breeze on their face.
Overall, the South Beach Overlook is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the Redwood National and State Parks. With its stunning views, abundant wildlife, and endless hiking opportunities, it's a unique and unforgettable experience that should not be missed.
Get driving directions.