Idaho is home to some of the best ski resorts in the country, with a variety of terrain to cater to all levels of skiers and snowboarders. Here are some of the most popular resorts in the state along with their average snowfall per season and the best month to visit:
1. Sun Valley - Located in the Sawtooth Mountains, Sun Valley is one of the oldest ski resorts in the country. With an average snowfall of 220 inches per season, the best time to visit is from December to March.
2. Tamarack Resort - This resort is situated in the heart of Idaho's West Central Mountains and receives an average snowfall of 300 inches per season. The best time to visit is from January to March.
3. Schweitzer Mountain Resort - Located in the northern part of the state, Schweitzer Mountain Resort receives an average of 300 inches of snow per season. The best time to visit is from December to February.
4. Brundage Mountain Resort - This resort is located in the Payette National Forest and receives an average of 320 inches of snow per season. The best time to visit is from December to March.
5. Bogus Basin - Located just outside of Boise, Bogus Basin receives an average of 250 inches of snow per season. The best time to visit is from December to February.
In addition to these popular ski resorts, Idaho has a rich ski history. Sun Valley is known as the birthplace of destination skiing and was the first ski resort in the world to install chairlifts. It was also home to the first ski school in the country. Idaho's ski resorts continue to attract skiers and snowboarders from around the world, thanks to the state's abundant snowfall and stunning natural beauty.